As a Result of Our New Identity, How Should We Live Out Our Faith? Peter’s Fourth Point- Submission Within the Body of Christ.
Peter Lists 5 Attitudes (Character Qualities) and 4 Actions to Bring Into Our Lives
- Like-Mindedness (Phil. 2:1-4, 1:27). Our Unifying Purpose is the Faith of the Gospel.
- Have Compassion- (lit. “Feel Together”). Your Hurt is My Hurt.
- Love as Brothers-Consider Them as Brothers/ Sisters.
- Be Tenderhearted- (lit. “Have Good Intestines”). A Concern and Caring to Take Action.
- Be Courteous. A Caring Out of Humility.
Actions That Flow From These Attitudes: (An Attitude of No Retaliation.)
- Blessing Instead of Cursing.
- No Physical Retaliation.
- Speak Blessing/ Praying.
- Persue Peace.